Friday, October 12, 2007

Flying Back to Fall in the Mountains

I will be making a quick trip back home this weekend to spend time with my daughter Madaline. It should be a welcome respite from my current schedule, although I actually have to take an online Latin quiz while I'm there. It will be good to feel the crisp fall air in the mountains even though the weather in LA has been great so far. I'm enjoying all the new people I'm working with and I think this situation will work well for me if I can manage the time constraints on the linguistic side. I also have a meeting Monday to try to secure a funded place on an excavation in Italy next summer involving Roman tombs. Hopefully, I can convince the people in charge of my inherent greatness and wondrous personality! Be well!

3 comments:

kungfuramone said...

In the present circumstances, I suppose it would be better for you to charm the socks off of people rather than the pants. At least in the professional setting.

Cabiria said...

Hope you had fun -- this is the best season of all! I'm guessing there were lots of apple desserts...

Austin C. Parks said...

No, go with charming the pants off for sure! I miss fall in the mountains!