Monday, May 12, 2008

Electrodes to the Brain

I am about to go stay in the hospital for the evening so the medical powers that be can study my sleep patterns and oxygen intake. My brain capacity continues to deteriorate and I feel increasingly lethargic. I'll be my pessimistic self and anticipate them finding an inoperable brain tumor. After establishing such low expectations, I'll be mildly relieved to find out from them that I will be likely to live for a few more decades in this veil of tears. Maybe I'll get lucky, and they'll have some ideas of ways that might improve my situation. Unfortunately, this overnight diagnostic will cause me to flail at an Italian test and in my Greek translation tomorrow. They'll release me just in time to mess up my entire schedule even worse. I just need this hellish quarter to be over. I'll post again soon if I make it out of the hospital. Fine!

4 comments:

Dolce Vita said...

I hope you sleep well? Actually, I hope they pinpoint the problem in one night and have you sleeping long and deep by tomorrow. (And if they offer any non-drug pointers on how to achieve sleep, I hope that you will please share them.)

kungfuramone said...

Here's hoping the powers of science identify the exact drug regimen you need to beat the insomnia, dude. This lifestyle is hard enough *with* getting enough sleep...

Matto said...

Good luck. I hope the test goes well and that the results end up easing things up a bit.

Cabiria said...

Hopefully the medical types were helpful and find a way to get you and your brain the sleep you need. The end of the term is so close, I'm glad you have Italy to look forward to!