Thursday, March 1, 2007

"Lost" is Losing Itself


After a night of food and pool with E, and collecting C from the subterranean metal-smithing forges of the EMU underbelly, many fresh baked cookies (thanks other E!) were mixed with vodka tonics while watching the new episode of "Lost". After a promising episode last week, the writing has once again strayed from the bizarre themes and characters that are interesting. Although I appreciated the generic brand Dharma BEER, character dynamics were uninspired. The hippy van in the jungle was mildly amusing, but then it reminded me how much I am annoyed by hippies in general (especially the ones in Eugene).

My general attitude on hippies is reflected in this inspired quote from the one true cinematic masterpiece:

"Children of Doom, Doom's children, it is they who told my master how to find his way to the Mountain of Power. They told my lord to throw down his sword and return to the earth.
HAH! Time enough for the earth in the grave!"

I will not miss the endless supply of hippies when I move from Eugene.

An additional thanks to C for her industrious metal production. She made many inspired trinkets for a variety of people - not least of which includes a metal bracelet stamped with "Credite Ferro" (Trust in Steel) for yours truly.

1 comment:

Matto said...

I dig the Conan references. They help keep the masterpiece fresh in my head.