Saturday, May 19, 2007

Victory is Mine!

I emerged from my defense victorious. After suffering the mental challenges posed to me by the tribunal of academic inquisitors, I embarked on an extensive night of celebration with too wide a variety of spirits. (Thanks E, M, and C!) Despite feeling the ill effects, I managed to properly represent at the department History Conference consistent with the tradition of KFR, Matto, and El Machetito from last year. The evening was topped off with a wonderful dinner at E's new pad, courtesy of Morgan and E, accompanied by considerable vino and a viewing of KFR's montage of favorite music videos. Great Stuff!!! I will try to savor my victory for a few days before delving back into the murky quagmire that is Latin and Greek for the remainder of the summer.

5 comments:

kungfuramone said...

Congratulations, man. I'm not the least bit surprised to hear that you crushed your battle opponents' balls.

Trust in Steel said...

Thanks!!! I also found the video you sent E with Will Ferrell and the cowbell Hiiiilarious!!!

kungfuramone said...

More cowbell. Words to live by.

Rachel said...

Congrats! They do it for the purpose of torturing you, that's all. :)

Matto said...

Way to go and Congratulations. I'll have a celebratory drink for you soon.