Monday, August 18, 2008

Being Worthless in the Valley

I've been relaxing in the mountains and spending time with Madaline since my return from Rome. Attended some large family functions, went to the Drive-In, wandered around the mountains, etc... . That has been wonderful, but my schedule has resulted in me falling way behind on my Polybius paper that had been extended from it's due date during my time in Italy. The course was the hardest I've ever taken and I still need to do well enough on this project. I've not been able to properly link my pictures from Picasa to this blog. I have at least 3000 pics. I haven't had time or the proper internet connection to deal with it. I forgot what I did before when I got the slideshow to link to this blog. I had trouble before because the link wouldn't paste right according to instructions and I can't recall how I fixed the problem earlier last spring. If anybody knows, send me an email. I'm completely broke until at least mid-Sept, so I'm not sure how the next month is going to go or if I can travel anywhere.

Madaline starts junior high in 8 days and I will be wrapped up in that and the local fair through Labor Day. I hope everyone else's summer is going well! I'll try to get at least a few pics operational. Be well!

3 comments:

Dolce Vita said...

Wow! Madaline has graduated to junior high - congrats (to you both) from me!

kungfuramone said...

It's outstanding that your mountain redoubt has a drive-in handy, my friend. Once you're ruling the west with an iron (but benevolent!) fist, you can reward your closest advisers with movie nights at the drive in.

Rachel said...

wow, time flies. :) Glad to hear you had a good time in Rome (hopefully making up for what sound like seriously hellish academic experiences).